- Make a volcano out of the flour on the table top. Put 2 eggs and a table spoon of olive oil in the middle. Work the mixture together into and dough and then knead it until if becomes smooth and silky. Wrap in cling-film and put in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Fry the onions and sausage meat in a frying pan until onions soft and meat browned. Add 2 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- Steam the spinach and when wilted, cool and squeeze out excess water.
- Mix the sausage mixture with the spinach - add one egg and the parmesan.
- Use a pasta machine to roll out ravioli sheets - we used setting 4 for the right thickness, although 5 would have been OK too.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut out 2 ravioli circles, paint egg wash around the edges of each, put a teaspoon of the sausage and spinach filling in the middle and seal the two circles together.
- Heat some oil in a small pan. Add 2 cloves garlic (crushed) and fry for 1 minute. Add the tin of tomatoes and when warmed through, add in the cream and the chopped basil.
- Place the ravioli in a pan of salted boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Serve the ravioli with the sauce over the top and a sprig of basil.
Eggs - 4
Flour - 2 cups
Sausage meat - 250g
Spinach - few handfuls
Onion - 1
Garlic - 4 cloves
Grated parmesan - 1/2 cup
Chilli flakes - a pinch
Can chopped tomatoes
Double cream - 100ml
Chopped basil - handful