1) Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water until soft.
2) Place the milk, cream. Vanilla pod and seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer. Remove the vanilla pod and discard.
3) Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves and then add to the pan and take off the heat. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
4) Pour the mixture into a ramekin and leave to cool. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to set.
5) To make the sauce: place the sugar and water in a pan and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and add half the raspberries. Using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
6) Pass the sauce through a sieve and stir in the remaining fruit.
7) To serve, turn out the ramekin onto a serving plate, spoon over the sauce and garnish with a sprig of mint. Dust with icing sugar.
1 ½ gelatine leaves
125ml double cream
½ vanilla pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped out
½ oz sugar
3fl oz water
2 sprigs mint
Icing sugar (to dust)